Fort Smith, ARkansas
Advice from Arkansas Wedding Photographer and Filmmaker, Stori Photos
These sessions could be considered engagement sessions or bridal sessions. Although, I’d really like to see a trend to start where grooms can have a styled session too! Here is the list of reasons why I think these sessions are important.
Reasons for a Pre-Wedding Day Session
- Relaxed and Natural Photos: Having a creative photography session before the wedding day allows you to take your time and relax, which results in natural, authentic and stunning photos.
- Save Time on Wedding Day: With a pre-wedding photoshoot, you can spend less time on formal photos on the wedding day. This would allow you to focus on the important moments and enjoy the day.
- Try Out Different Looks: A pre-wedding photoshoot gives you the opportunity to experiment with different looks, hairstyles, and makeup. You can even try out a different outfit or two- like a yellow suit in the example below!
- Get to Know Your Photographer: Spending time with your photographer before the wedding day helps you feel more comfortable and confident in front of the camera.
- Perfect Opportunity for Couple Shots: A pre-wedding photoshoot is a perfect opportunity to capture intimate, romantic and playful moments.
- Stress-Free and Fun: Pre-wedding photoshoots are often stress-free and fun. They allow you to get to know your photographer and feel comfortable with them.
- Keepsake Memories: The photos from your pre-wedding photoshoot are beautiful keepsake memories of this special time in your life.
Experiment with Different Formats: You may be hesitant to add on film, polaroids or a
- Super 8 film without being able to visualize yourself. Having a creative session before the wedding gives you the opportunity to experiment with these different formats without the stress or as big of an investment up front. See examples of 35mm film, Polaroids, and Super 8 Below
A Creative Bridal Photography Session Collaborative
This creative bridal session was planned and styled by April of Freckled Fox Photography. You can see her images here. It was simple, yet stunning, and a great example of what you can do to experiment before your wedding day. Other vendors were:
Model: Bre Anderson
Dress: Joon Bridal
Florals: The Flower Slinger